Mole Removal Skin CareSkin outgrowths such as moles and skin tags are common in many people. They may occur on different body parts and are generally harmless. But they may be a cosmetic problem or cause discomfort when caught up in clothes or jewelry. Some moles may turn malignant over time, so it is good to have such skin growths removed. EllEve Med Spa provides mole and skin tag removal treatments to patients in Woodland Hills, San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles, California, and surrounding communities.
Common Features of Skin Tags and MolesSkin tags show the following characteristics:
- They are soft flaps of tissue connected to the skin by a narrow stem.
- Most skin tags are benign, but they may get entangled in clothing or jewelry and cause pain.
- They usually occur in skin areas subject to greater friction such as the neck, folds of the breast, the armpits, the groin region, and the eyelids.
- They occur more often in childhood.
- They may form on any body part, but are more common on parts exposed to the sun.
- Most moles are raised above the skin surface and are either skin colored or pigmented.
- Any mole which changes in shape, size, or color or begins to hurt, itch, or ooze blood or other liquids is likely to be dangerous.